Distance Learning Programs Delivered to Your Classroom (Grades K - 8j)
e-Missions (Grades 4 - 8)
Classes assemble as emergency response teams and then connect via live video link to Mission Control. These live scenarios are conducted in your classroom by a skilled Flight Director at Mission Control from the Challenger Learning Center. Students work together using technical know-how and problem solving skills to navigate through a scenario fraught with crises.
Digital e-Mission Details
Length: ~2.5 hours
Group Size: Up to 32 students
Price: $475* - Includes teacher training, classroom materials and standards-based lesson plans
*contact our Registrar to inquire about grant or scholarship funding assistance
For the 2023-2024 school year, choose from:
- Moon, Mars and Beyond™
- Lunar Outpost™
- Operation Montserrat™
Moon, Mars and Beyond™ | Recommended: Grade 4
Lunar Outpost™ | Recommended: Grade 5
The year is 2036 and a permanent habitat has been constructed near the lunar South Pole. Teams of researchers regularly travel to the moon, making the trek to various outposts to continue the search for critical resources that will both sustain life on the surface and enable humans to travel to the Moon, Mars and beyond. However, when the lives and science goals of an incoming team of researchers are threatened, students are called into action to use their skills and training to save the mission. Can they select a safe, alternative research site, still rich in vital resources, before the crew runs out of time?
Operation Monsterrat™ | Recommended: Grades 6-8
Questions? Email us at Registration@ChallengerColorado.org
Digital Discoveries (Grades K - 3)
Digital Discoveries are simple to integrate, but highly engaging activities for students to explore complex science topics. Each packages includes:
- hands-on, introductory in-class activity
- interactive, digital connection with Challenger Flight Director
- follow up lessons and resources
Digital Discovery Details
Connection Length: 50 minutes
Group Size: single class
Price: $200 - Includes teacher training, some classroom materials and a standards-based lesson plan
Kindergarten | The Sun & Earth - How the Sun Lights Up and Warms Our Planet
- Students explore how the sun's light and warmth affects the Earth and life on our planet.
- Standards: K.PS3.1, K.PS3.2
Grade 1 | Patterns in the Sky - The Sun, Moon, and Stars
- Students explore how and why the sun and moon change their appearance in predictable ways.
- Standards: 1.ESS.1, 1.EES.2
Grade 2 | Time & Change: Processes That Shape the Earth
- Students explore such geologic phenomena as mountains, rivers, canyons and volcanoes, both on Earth and Mars, and the relative time involved in the formation of each.
- Standard: 2.ESS1.1
Grade 3 | Weather & Climate: Analyzing Patterns & Making Predictions
- Students practice gathering and analyzing weather data, learn the difference between weather and climate, explore how satellites are used for gathering weather and climate data, and are introduced to using this data for decision making and engineering tasks.
- Standards: 3.ESS2.1, 3.EES3.1